How you marinade your chicken is the key to obtaining magnificent flavor. These paleo and gluten free lemongrass chicken wings will definitely make your taste buds happy.
Hello, friends! I am finally back in the groove and experimenting in my kitchen again! As much as I love being on vacation and eating out, I always miss some good home cooked meals. Whenever my parents travel, they always book a hotel with a full-sized kitchen and cook all of their meals. They hardly ever eat out and I personally think it’s more fun to get the family together and eat home cooked food. When we were in Honolulu for my wedding, there were about 20 of us in their hotel suite just hanging out and eating delicious food. Those were great times.
Anyway, being back in the groove also means getting back into my workout routine. Let me tell you, going a week without working out has made it very hard to get back to my routine! I tried to do a kick boxing video and felt like I was just flopping around in my living room. That also may be due to the fact that I have no coordination whatsoever! Perhaps I should just stick to running. I was thinking of maybe starting a reward system for my workout routine. I’ve seen an idea on Pinterest where you can put money in a jar every time you workout and at the end of the month you can empty it and use the cash to spend on whatever you’d like. I like that idea but I’m also open to any other ideas you may have! The only thing I will not reward myself with is food. I LOVE sweets but I think letting myself have sweets after every workout session just simply defeats the purpose!
Ok, let’s steer our attention to today’s featured chicken recipe! I posted this picture below on Facebook and Instagram and had you guess what ingredients I used. I received some pretty good answers! The main ingredient that I used is lemongrass. That’s where all the flavor is at!
I marinated these lemongrass chicken wings overnight but if you don’t want to wait that long, I recommend marinating them for at least an hour. Remember, the longer you marinade them, the more flavorful they will be.
Lemongrass Chicken Wings
12-14 chicken wings
2 lemongrass stalks, chopped in 1/2 inch pieces
1 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
4 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon curry
salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken wings in a large Ziploc bag. Add the rest of the ingredients into a food processor and blend together for approximately 5 minutes or until you reach a pasty texture.
- Add the marinade mixture into the bag with the wings. Use your hands and mix the marinade well with the wings, making sure you coat all of the pieces very well.
- Store the bag in the fridge and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. When the oven is heated, arrange the wings on a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove from oven and let wings cool before serving.
- I hope you like this lemongrass chicken wings recipe! Since the marinade is a little messy, it was hard for me to capture some eye pleasing photos. However, I guarantee that you will love the flavor! You can also try this recipe with chicken skewers, which is a fun grilling option for this holiday weekend!
P.S. I’m in the process of converting all of my recipes onto ZipList. I’ve read many great things about it and now I just have to go through the tedious process of going through all of my recipes. It seems like all the work I do behind the scenes for my blog is never ending but at the same time, I really love it!
Do you reward yourself when you workout or make an accomplishment? How so?
Do you have any pointers on how to get back to an old routine?
Are there any routines that you would like to get back into?