This stuffed chicken dish is filled with buttery avocado and a light cheesy flavor in every bite.
Hello, friends! How is your week going? I hope it’s going well. Can you believe summer is coming up in just a few days?! Where has this year gone? My weekends are already getting booked pretty quickly. This happens every summer! I like having some weekends planned out but I do like having some spontaneous time as well. Do you agree or disagree?
In regards to my previous post, I have decided to listen to body and have been working out at my own pace. Yesterday I went to spin class, which I absolutely love! I’m sure I already wrote about my love for spin class in another post so I’m not going to dwell on it. I’m actually cancelling my membership at my gym next month and will start going to another gym. My current gym is a 5 minute walk from my place and the new one will be a 15 minute walk. So why am I switching? The new one offers a better deal. It also offers Les Mills BodyPump classes! I’ve heard so much about BodyPump and I am so excited to try it out! As always, I’m a little nervous to try something new but I’ve heard so many great things about it. I’m sure it will be fun but it will also be a great challenge!
Ok, let’s move onto my new recipe! I created an herb and avocado cheese stuffed chicken dish. I LOVE cheese and you will always find my fridge stocked with a few different kinds of cheese. Below is a picture of how you should cut a slit in the chicken breast. I wasn’t sure if I explained it clearly so I thought a picture would be helpful. Do not cut the slit too closely to the bottom of the chicken breast, otherwise the contents may fall out. Keep on reading for the full recipe!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Mexican four cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 8. 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
- 9. garlic salt to taste
- 10. black pepper to taste
- 11. dried parsley flakes for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix feta cheese, shredded Mexican four cheese, basil, rosemary, minced garlic, and onion powder together in a bowl.
- Create a flap by cutting a long thin horizontal slit along the long edge of each chicken breast, leaving about a half inch on the other side.
- Evenly divide the avocado slices and line them up inside each chicken breast flap.
- Use a spoon to scoop the cheese mix under the first chicken breast flap. Use the remainder cheese mix for the second one. Make sure to close the flaps once you stuff them.
- Sprinkle garlic salt, black pepper, and dried parsley flakes over both chicken breasts.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Serve and enjoy!
Are you a cheese lover? What’s your favorite kind of cheese?
Have you ever gone to a BodyPump class? If so, do you have any advice for someone who’s going for the first time?