Enjoy this twist of one of my favorite Thai dishes. Instead of rice, replace it with quinoa. You will love this pineapple curry fried quinoa dish!
Happy Monday! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! I hope all the fathers had an amazing Father’s Day! My family had a huge seafood fest with oysters, shrimp, and crab. My in-laws travelled from eastern Washington to join in the festivities. It was nice to have both of our families underneath the same roof for the first time since our wedding. :) I was in a food coma from indulging so much but it was so worth it!
This weekend I kept my workouts to a minimum and did pilates videos at home. The movements that I did were very subtle but I woke up sore. Pilates is no joke! The reason why I didn’t do any intense cardio workouts this weekend is because I think I pushed my workouts past my limits without fueling appropriately. Sometimes my main focus is to get out the door and head to the gym before I change my mind, and I don’t even realize that I didn’t fuel enough beforehand. I stopped using MyFitnessPal for a while since I didn’t want to focus too much on my calories but I’m considering using it again so I can see a visual list of what I’m eating and make sure I’m eating proper nutrition.
Another thing I need to remind myself is to not compare myself to others at the gym. There are lots of extremely fit people there and I can’t compare myself to the person who’s running 100 mph on the treadmill. Ok, not literally but you get my point. I must remind myself that everyone’s fitness journey is different and we must all go at our own pace. I realized that I can be a little too hard on myself but I need to be proud of myself for motivating myself to work out in the first place. I’ll continue to build up my strength and endurance at my own pace. I will also work on fueling better before exercising!
Anyway, I’m excited to share my new recipe with you! It is my pineapple curry fried quinoa dish! What I like about this dish is that you can pretty much use any veggies you have and substitute the ham with any meat or tofu, if desired. Continue reading and you’ll see how easy it is to cook!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced apple smoked ham
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, pineapple, and ham and stir together with butter for a couple minutes.
- Place the cooked quinoa in the saucepan. Add garlic powder, onion powder, and curry powder. Mix the spices very well with the rest of the ingredients. The quinoa may be a little dry so drizzle extra virgin olive oil and continue to stir ingredients together. Add a little more olive oil if the quinoa is still dry.
- Serve and enjoy!
What did you do for Father’s Day?
Do you like to workout at home?
What are your favorite pre-workout and/or post-workout meals?