No mayo? No problem! This tuna salad is quick and easy to make! No mayo required!
I hope this week is going well for you so far! I have been looking for inexpensive crafty items so I can improve the quality of my photos. I know there are a ton of great stuff on Etsy and local craft stores and I can’t wait to experiment with different props. I mentioned on my Instagram recently that I spend more time working on photos than writing a blog post. I’m starting to realize that it is a lot of work! Photography is still very new to me and I really like learning new tips and techniques!
Anyway, I went on a big grocery haul a couple days ago and stocked up on many kitchen staple items so I can work on creating more recipes for you! I don’t know about you, but I like to make dishes that are simple. I also like to make a healthier version of things you find at the store. That’s why I decided to create this no mayo tuna salad! I put it in a bagel sandwich one day and ate it as a dip the next day and have been hooked! Give it a try!
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 of a medium avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- one 7 ounce can of lean Albacore tuna
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine Greek yogurt, cilantro, avocado, and lemon juice in a food processor. Blend for 1-2 minutes until you reach a smooth consistency. Empty the blended mix into a bowl.
- Drain a can of tuna and add it to the avocado blend. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well. If the tuna chunks are large, break them up with a spoon and continue mixing with all of the ingredients.
- When the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, you are ready to serve! You can save any leftovers in an air-tight container and store it in the fridge.
What is your go-to snack?
Are there any snacks or dishes that you’d like to find a healthier version of?
Do you have any helpful photography tips?