Disclosure: I was given these eggs from NestFresh to try in exchange for a review. All opinions are strictly my own.
Good morning, friends! I am very excited to share with you my new recipe: a sunny salmon breakfast sandwich! I don’t know about you, but I love my eggs runny and I absolutely love the taste of yolk! I’ve partnered up with NestFresh and was given the opportunity to try their eggs. All of their eggs are 100% cage free and contains no antibiotics, chemicals, or hormones. That’s definitely a plus!
Since breakfast is what helps me kick start my day, I always have to have a good source of protein that will last me until lunch. I am most productive in the morning and it is important to fuel myself with the nutrients that my body needs. This recipe is rather easy if you ask me. I pretty much threw some of my favorite foods together and luckily they are a delicious combo!
NestFresh eggs are an excellent source of protein. Their hens are fed a 100% vegetarian diet made up of fresh local grains and excludes any antibiotics, growth hormones or animal byproducts.
Sunny Salmon Breakfast Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
one 6 ounce salmon filet
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
2 pieces of whole wheat sliced toast, or 1 bagel cut in half
1/2 avocado, mashed
2 NestFresh eggs
2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
pinch of onion powder
pinch of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Frank’s hot sauce
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place salmon fillet in skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the fillet over and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Shred salmon into pieces and sprinkle with lemon pepper. Continue to stir until it is fully cooked.
- Toast your sliced bread or bagel in a toaster in a medium heat setting.
- Divide mashed avocado onto each toasted bread slice.
- Evenly divide shredded salmon on top of each sandwich.
- Reheat skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Crack both eggs into skillet. Cover the eggs with a lid for about 2 minutes. Use a spatula to remove one egg at a time and place on top of shredded salmon. Remove skillet from heat.
- Mix Greek yogurt with garlic powder, onion powder, and Frank’s hot sauce. Stir the ingredients very well and make sure they are all mixed together. Continue to stir to help thin out the sauce. Drizzle over the eggs and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this sunny salmon breakfast sandwich! I definitely recommend NestFresh if you’re looking to try new eggs! I like the fresh organic taste and would recommend cooking them different ways. My favorite way is sunny side up or poached!
Have an amazing day!
What is your favorite way to cook eggs?
Do you always eat breakfast every day?