Experience a blend of aromatic flavors stuffed in an oven-fresh baked sweet potato. You will love this exquisite coconut flavor seasoned with curry spices and protein-rich quinoa.
Good morning, friends! Hope you had a fabulous weekend! My weekend consisted of lots and lots of eating! At first, I felt a little guilty for overindulging, but I realized that I don’t always do this all the time. I also worked out pretty hard during the week, so why not live a little? 🙂
On Saturday, I went to my friend’s bridal shower. She will be getting married next month in Maui and I can’t believe it’s coming up so soon! There were tons of great food at her bridal shower but I only took pictures of the dessert table.
I like how this heart shaped pineapple cake was very light and fluffy. I love sweets but I don’t like cakes that are too sweet.
A beautiful bouquet of homemade cake pops! If you follow me on Twitter, then you might have already seen these.
Are these macaroons or macarons (with one “o”)? I still don’t know what the difference is but please tell me if you happen to know! I didn’t have a chance to try these since I was too stuffed, which is too bad because they look delicious!
This weekend I also went to the University District street fair. I don’t think I’ve been to this street fair in over 5 years so it was fun checking out all the vendors and food stands. Once again, I didn’t take pictures of the food I ate. (I’m sorry, I need to change this habit since I have a FOOD blog!
There were tons of vendors selling clothes and jewelry.
Now let’s get ready for this new recipe! I love coconut shrimp curry, quinoa, and sweet potatoes…. so why not throw them all together?! I present to you my coconut shrimp curry and quinoa sweet potato boats! Once again, I apologize for the extremely long name. I just have so much trouble shortening the names of my recipes for some reason!
Coconut Shrimp Curry and Quinoa Sweet Potato Boats
2 large sweet potatoes cut in half or 4 small sweet potatoes
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
1 cup coconut milk
1 garlic clove minced
2 teaspoon curry powder
1/3 pound shrimp, skin removed and cut into quarters
pinch of sea salt to taste
1 cup cooked quinoa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. When the oven is preheated, bake sweet potatoes for 30-40 minutes, depending on the potato size.
- Melt coconut oil in the saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and stir until golden brown.
- Pour coconut milk and stir in curry powder. When the curry powder is mixed well with the coconut milk, add the shrimp and a pinch of sea salt to taste. Continue stirring occasionally for a few minutes until shrimps are pink. Remove from heat.
- When sweet potatoes are fully cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. If you are using large sweet potatoes, scoop the middle of it out so you can fill it with stuffing. If you are using small sweet potatoes, cut a slit lengthwise and carefully tear the skin so you can stuff it.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly mix the cooked quinoa with the coconut shrimp curry. Carefully divide it onto each sweet potato. You may have leftovers, depending on how much you stuff the potatoes.
- Serve and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Curry is one of my favorite spices so I enjoy all kinds of curry dishes. I will try to create more curry dishes for TFP in the future.
**This is off topic but I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who has shown me support for TFP, both online and offline! The blogging community is so amazing and filled with so many friendly people and I’m happy to be part of it. I realize that blogging and recipe developing takes a lot of time and hard work, and I’m continually trying to improve in different areas. Thank you all for your kind words! Have a fabulous Monday!
How often do you have cheat meals?
Do you like going to food fairs?
Bloggers: How has blogging made an impact in your life?