Avocados are a healthy fat that is packed with vitamins and minerals and may help lower cholesterol. Try this hummus recipe and you won’t believe how tasty eating healthy can be!
Hello, everyone! My apologies for posting so late in the evening! I usually try to have a new post up in the morning but it has been such a busy day for me. I’ve come to realize that blogging takes a lot of time and dedication and I do not want to publish a new post just for the sake of having something up. It is important that I create good content for you, my readers. Honestly, I usually stay up into the wee hours of the night crafting a post and make sure it is exactly how I want it to be. I am very grateful for my readers and want to create the best content I can for you. By all means, if you have any suggestions then please let me know!
Speaking of grateful, I would like to thank Jess from Dietitian Jess for nominating me for a Liebster Award! Jess asked her nominees to answer the following questions, so here we go!
1. What first got you interested in blogging?
I have been reading blogs for years and was interested in being able to express my ideas creatively to a wide audience.
2. If you had to blog about something unrelated to health, food, or fitness what would it be!?
Probably fashion or traveling!
3. What is your favorite place you’ve ever been?
I would have to say Maui! It’s so beautiful and relaxing!
4. Who is your favorite sports team? (college or pro)
The super bowl champs, the Seattle Seahawks!
5. What is the biggest life goal next on your list to accomplish?
I would like to earn a nutrition certification. I really enjoy learning about nutrition.
6. What is something really interesting about you?
Not many people know that I was actually a blogger 10 years ago and recently started blogging again.
7. If you were on death row, what would be your last meal??
Give me some fried chicken! It’s my guilty pleasure!
8. What was the first blog to inspire you??
This is a tough one! There are so many great blogs out there!
9. What healthy meal do you make or suggest most often to others?
Salmon! It’s super easy and quick to make!
10. What is your number one fitness tip??
If you’re experiencing pain while working out, then STOP! You might possibly make your injury even worse if you continue!
Thanks again to Jess for nominating me!
Now onto my featured recipe, a nutrition-filled avocado hummus. I don’t know about you, but I think hummus is so addicting! Sometimes I go overboard with my consumption but I just can’t help it!
These were all of the ingredients that I used. There is only one garlic clove in this picture but I ended up throwing two more into my food processor since I love garlic so much. 🙂
This is probably the easiest recipe ever. All you do is throw all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend.
And we’re all done! For more detailed instructions, read below!
one medium avocado pitted
15 oz can of garbanzo beans
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Drain water from the can of garbanzo beans before adding beans to the food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and blend together until it reaches your desired consistency.What I love about hummus is that you can eat it with veggies, pita chips, crackers, or however you’d like! I enjoyed my hummus with some crackers.
Questions of the day:
Answer one of the Liebster Award questions that I answered above!