Hey guys! Happy Wednesday! As mentioned in my previous post, I just landed a new job! As a matter of fact, today is my first day and I am so nervous and excited at the same time! I am writing this post the night before so no, I am not blogging on the job. ;) Thank goodness for scheduled posts! By the time anyone reads this, I’ll already be at my new workplace. Did I mention that I am SUPER nervous?! Wish me luck! I’ll let you know how it goes in a future post!
Anyway, enough about me. I hope things are going well for you! I have a new recipe to share with you! Ok, to be honest, it’s not a brand new recipe that I just whipped up. I actually tested it a couple months ago with pork chops and really liked how it turned out. This time I decided try the same marinade with chicken thighs and I love it even more! What I like about this recipe is that it contains simple ingredients that I always have stocked in my kitchen. You have to give it a try because it is so easy to make! Best of all, you can bake it in your oven or throw them on the grill. (I chose to bake them.) Ok, let’s cut to the chase and get right to my orange and honey marinated chicken recipe!
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken thighs in a large Ziploc bag. Mix remaining ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour marinade into the Ziploc bag, making sure you coat both sides of each chicken thigh. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, preheat oven to 375 degrees. When oven is preheated, place each chicken thigh on a non-stick baking sheet and bake for approximately 30 minutes. Oven times may vary.
- When chicken thighs are fully cooked, serve immediately.
What is your favorite food to grill?
What is one great thing about your week so far?